My Dad & step mom, Dawn, came to visit for a week and left this afternoon. They were such a great help and we had a great time while they were here. They loved on Asher the whole time...it was a great visit and we can't wait for them to come back already! While they were here we got out a few times with Asher. We all went to the mall, out to dinner, to family friends house, etc. We are starting to get the hang of putting the car seat in and out of the car and packing the diaper bag to go out. Dawn was sweet enough to watch Asher and encouraged Mike & I to go on a date! We went to a local favorite for dinner (
Zanata's) and out for ice cream even though it was probably 20-something degrees outside! It was nice to get out of the house...just us two! Another night we ran errands and I went to get my nails done, that was nice too!!
Tomorrow we'll be back to reality. Mike will be back to work and I'll, of course, be home with Asher. He has his 2 week wellness appointment at 8:30am. I'm still getting the hang of getting up early (after being up overnight to feed him) and be up and ready and at the doc at 8:30AM...so we'll see how I do. EEK! I feel like I need 2 hours to get me and him ready. I hope once we get in a better routine, it'll get better.
Post baby body changes:
- I can see my toes again!!!!!
- I can sleep on my stomach again! LOVE it!!
- I'm COOOLD as opposed to being hot all the time!
- I now have lower back pain (maybe from the epidural!??!) I need to check with the doc...
- Even though you can't tell by looking at me... I lost 24 of the 28 lbs that I gained during pregnancy! YIPEE!!!
I'll have Asher's stats after his doc appointment tomorrow BUT I can already tell that he's heavier and longer when I hold him when nursing. He's also basically growing out of the 'newborn' clothes and fits in most of the 0-3months and a few 3mo!
That's so nice that you had family in and were able to get some mom and dad time alone. I think its so important to still have time for each other. :)
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to hear how Asher's appointment goes. It sounds like your doing great. You've lost a whole lot. Sometimes it just takes a little extra time for your body to sort of convert back to what it was. But it sounds like your doing great :)
I mean really!?!?! You only gained 28 lbs. I still haven't told anyone how much I gained...EEEK! Lets say it was more than double what you gained...LOL! You will be surprised at how fast it falls off of you! Amy
ReplyDelete