Soooo, I won't lie...I'm totally getting nervous! I've been getting lots of Braxton Hicks contractions recently. They don't hurt but they make me so nervous! Every night I sit in the nursery and just think about what it will be like and how close Asher's birth date really is!!! I can't wait! I completed the '9th month' chapter in What To Expect When Your Expecting and while I was reading about contractions I was GETTING contractions so I had to put the book down a few times but I made it through.
We had a doctor appointment on Friday and here's how it went down...
Doc: Sooo, have you had any contractions recently??
Me: Yep! Lots of them!
Doc: What's your definition of 'LOTS'?
Me: I dunno, like 2x each hour....
Doc: You mean every DAY?
Me: Nope...every HOUR.
Doc: Well...you just bought yourself a cervical check today!!!
Me: EEEK! You're making me nervous!!!
This was my 1st cervical check and luckily he said there is no progress since it's still pretty early. Next week I start going to the doc weekly. Crazy! Mike & I made the list of what to put in our hospital bag last night. We plan on packing the bag tonight! Yesterday I went to Target to buy some 'after the baby clothes'. All of my maternity pants have the big panel thing on the tummy...so I bought some stretchy yoga-type pants and some T's so hopefully I'll be comfy without the big panels.
Last week I got the car seat checked by the hospital to ensure it is installed correctly. After taking the car seat class there was SO much I learned that I had no clue about! I'm thankful for all of that info! I left the seat installed so we'll be ready to go when Asher decides to make his debut! Next weekend we have the Infant Safety/CPR class so that should be fun! :)
I've been having lots of lower back pains, right next to my tailbone. I feel like I waddle when I walk now! It's pretty much embarrassing! I still hurt badly when I turn over at night and can't get comfy. I have pillows all around me to prop me up when needed. My doc gave me some over the counter meds to help my middle of the night vomiting. I started taking it this weekend and so far...so GOOD! I'm thankful for that! Yuck!
We kept going back & forth on whether or not we were going to put up Christmas decor this year. I've been SO tired so I wasn't really feeling it much but we both got the urge yesterday and didn't have anything else planned so we did it and it's done! It feels SO good and I'm glad we did it! Just something about a super cute red & silver ornamented Christmas tree that is lit up with the stockings hung...etc. We didn't do anything outside other than the wreath & doormat but I'm happy with the inside decor!
Geez, I feel like I'm rambling about a bunch of random stuff...
Anyway, next week Mike & I both took the week off work!!! I also took off a couple extra days so I'll have 11.5 days off in a row!!! Then I'll come back and work a couple days Christmas week....THEN it's a short week for New Years...THEN it's Asher's birthday soon after that!! Ahhhh, time is flying by. Speaking of...better get back to work!
How exciting!! I remember awaiting the arrival of my first....nervous, but so excited at the same time!!!
ReplyDeleteThis is so so so exciting!!! :) Take care of yourself and enjoy the final few moments of being pregnant!!! :) love, Claudia
ReplyDelete