Well, vacation from work at least!!! Since I'm so close to my due date, I'm not able to travel...but Mike & I still took lots of time off work to finish Christmas shopping, get everything done in preparations for the baby, go on our 'babymoon' and to RELAX! I enjoyed the time off from work SOOOO much! Total I had 10.5 days off. It started off with a great lunch with my great friend, Ters. From there Mike's work had an amazing baby shower for us at his office. SO many people came from all of the departments that he's worked at over the past 15 years. We were so thankful for all of our baby showers! The next few days were spent going to Northpark mall, Mavericks game and dinner with my parents.
Then we stayed at the Gaylord Hotel for our babymoon. I splurged and had the BEST [pre-natal] massage...EVER!!! It was seriously amazing! Their whole spa area was 5-star! The showers were even impressive...HUGE with the rain-like water coming out of the huge head spout thing. I didn't want to leave! While I had my sap time, Mike went to the wine bar in the hotel. He enjoyed it and sampled lots of wine. After we freshened up we went to dinner at Old Hickory Steakhouse. It was so delicious! We'd been before...but I don't remember it being THIS good! We had a cheese sampler thing, spinach salad, filet, and garlic potatoes. SOOO good. We walked around the hotel after that and then had dessert at another little restaurant before bed.
The next day we woke up and went to see the Charlie Brown ICE Exhibit. It was WAY better than last year since we didn't have to wait AT ALL in line. We walked right in and there was hardly anybody there! We spent about 35 minutes in the FREEEEZING temperatures and took some pics. Overall the babymoon was super!
The next night we went to see the Christmas Chris Tomlin concert. He's my #1 fave singer these days! This was my 3rd concert of his to see this year. It was amazing as always and definitely put us in the Christmas spirit!! The next day...I woke up SICK! :( I'm actually still coughing and sneezing but feel lots better from the initial day when I was stuck in bed with aches and pains! Nothing worse than being sick the last few days of vacation. ICK! Oh well, it was a good excuse to say in my pj's all day and literally get some much needed rest! Whew, so that was my vacation in a nutshell. I'll leave you with a few pics...
Then we stayed at the Gaylord Hotel for our babymoon. I splurged and had the BEST [pre-natal] massage...EVER!!! It was seriously amazing! Their whole spa area was 5-star! The showers were even impressive...HUGE with the rain-like water coming out of the huge head spout thing. I didn't want to leave! While I had my sap time, Mike went to the wine bar in the hotel. He enjoyed it and sampled lots of wine. After we freshened up we went to dinner at Old Hickory Steakhouse. It was so delicious! We'd been before...but I don't remember it being THIS good! We had a cheese sampler thing, spinach salad, filet, and garlic potatoes. SOOO good. We walked around the hotel after that and then had dessert at another little restaurant before bed.
The next day we woke up and went to see the Charlie Brown ICE Exhibit. It was WAY better than last year since we didn't have to wait AT ALL in line. We walked right in and there was hardly anybody there! We spent about 35 minutes in the FREEEEZING temperatures and took some pics. Overall the babymoon was super!
The next night we went to see the Christmas Chris Tomlin concert. He's my #1 fave singer these days! This was my 3rd concert of his to see this year. It was amazing as always and definitely put us in the Christmas spirit!! The next day...I woke up SICK! :( I'm actually still coughing and sneezing but feel lots better from the initial day when I was stuck in bed with aches and pains! Nothing worse than being sick the last few days of vacation. ICK! Oh well, it was a good excuse to say in my pj's all day and literally get some much needed rest! Whew, so that was my vacation in a nutshell. I'll leave you with a few pics...
ME surrounded by ICE!
No comments:
Post a Comment