So yesterday during my weekly OB appointment it didn't go quite as planned. Basically in a nutshell my blood pressure has risen. They took my blood pressure about 5 times during my visit to see if it would go down...and it didn't. I even had to lay down on my left side for some time to relax (but really after the 4th time of high blood pressure and you won't let my husband in the room with me...I think YOU would have high blood pressure TOO!). Sooo, the doc finally came in after the 5th attempt...
Doc: Do you work?
Me: Yep
Doc: Well....not anymore!
Me: OMG! Are you serious?!?
Doc: Yes, you are now on bed rest until your baby comes!
Me: OMG! Are you serious?!?
I have another appointment in on Thursday to see if the BP gets back to normal after being on bed rest at home (luckily not in the hospital!!!). Basically they said if it goes down then I will stay on bed rest at home and if it's still high then they will induce laborrrrrrrrr! Are you kidding me?!?! Soooo, I might be delivering this sweet baby in TWO days!!!! That alone pretty much shot up my BP right there!
My appointment was in the afternoon so I went back to work for the remainder 2 hours to finish up anything that I was working on. Of course, that wasn't enough time...so that's all I've been thinking about! I know, I know...I should just wipe it out of my mind but obviously everything took me by surprise and I didn't expect to be leaving so soon!!! It's so weird to think that I won't be going back for another 3 months or so (depending on when the baby comes)! Whew!
Doc told me and Mike a bit about the possibility of preeclampsia which was scary. I came home to do more research and it could be very serious. Gulp! Today is my first day home resting. It's nice because Mike works from home Tuesdays & Thursdays so once again he has proven to be the best husband in the world and comes to check on me, bring me water, talks to Asher, and reminds me to relax. I'm anxious to see what happens on Thursday...I'll keep you posted. In the meantime, I'm praying for Asher and me! :)
One the lighter note...Christmas was amazing. We spent so much time with family. As always I wish ALL of our family could be together, but it was nice being with a good chunk of them that live here in town. We went to the Christmas Eve service with my mom & step dad and also Mike's dad & step mom & 2 step sisters. It was fun. From there we did Christmas at Mike's dads. Christmas day we slept in, opened our gifts to each other and then headed to Mike's aunt's house and then to my mom's house (both in Plano). I got lots of wonderful gifts and ate lots of good food! I'm so glad Jesus was born!!!
Praying you little and little Asher! Bed rest is never fun. I had high blood pressure with Noah and was put on bed rest. Oprah and TLC became my best friends...lol! Can't wait to see pics you little man:). Blessings!
ReplyDelete