Tuesday, June 21, 2011

STRESS!!!!

Gosh, I can't even keep my days straight anymore! I'll try my best....
Early last week we got word that Mike's sweet Grandma Rose was transitioned to Hospice and she was only given 24-48 hours to live. We were so sad to hear this since we were already excited about seeing her and introducing her to Asher in August!! We keep hearing stores about how she calls Asher 'sweet baby Asher' and that she wants to hold his picture as she falls asleep. Last week she told Mike's aunt that she has come to terms that she won't be able to meet Asher before she meets the Lord. So sad! I was devastated. Mike & I booked our flights that night, taking the chance that we would be able to see her again!
Friday evening Asher started getting super congested. I bought a NoseFrida since everybody on the forums talk about it and they say it's the BEST nasal aspirator EVER. I'll say it does work but it's still pretty nasty. Our flight left Saturday morning and Asher started coughing a lot and it sounded horrible. :( Once we landed we had a 3 hour drive to his grandmother's hospital. Whew...traveling with an infant is exhausting to say the least!

We finally made it to see G-ma Rose. Just recently she hasn't been able to verbally communicate. But you could see when we introduced her to Asher she wouldn't stop staring at him! She had tears in her eyes and had an immediate smile. It was the sweetest thing ever! Asher was a wiggle worm the whole time but we were able to get some pics and video too! We stayed there about 4 hours each on Saturday & Sunday. Saying goodbye was the HARDEST thing I've possibly ever had to do. I was beyond emotional. I've never been in the position to 'say the last goodbyes to anybody before'. I told her that we were going to cherish the photos & videos that we have of her and Asher and that we can't wait to tell him all of the wonderful stories that she's told us. I also reassured her that the Lord will carry her gently soon and she'll be able to reconnect with her mom (she kept asking for her mom, Thelma). I was balling my eyes out. I'm sure she didn't need to see that, but I couldn't help it. I prayed for her comfort and peace and I told her that I loved her. She kept my eye contact and smiled. I kissed her forehead. So s.a.d!
Mike then took his turn and it was just as sad hearing my sweet husband confess his love to his grandmother. I hate to see him in pain or cry but I'm so glad I was there by his side.
We decided to take Asher to the emergency/after hours clinic in Nebraska. I figured another day and an airplane ride the next day possibly couldn't be any good. THe doctor did a super quick check on him and basically said he was fine. Really?!?! I'm pretty sure babies aren't supposed to WHEEZE while breathing. He said it wasn't viral so there wasn't much that we can do...other than pedialyte. I was over him, so we left. I made an appointment for the next day when we got home at his pedi.
Monday was a big fat mess too...our 3 hour drive to the Kansas City airport turned into 6 hours due to highway closures from the floods! Sooo, we missed our flight and had to pay a fee to get on the next flight! What ever happened to stand-by!??
We finally made it back to Dallas and took Asher to the after hours doc. the prescribed breathing treatments every 4 hours so I've stayed home all week! Poor baby! I feel so sad for him. He sounds horrible but is getting better with every treatment! He had a follow up apt today and he is getting much better. So glad I went with my gut and took him to his pedi. I knew there was something wrong...



sweet Grandma Rose & our fam




Mike rubbing her hand. That calmed her down and she liked it.



Meeting Asher.




cutie booty!!




TWO teeth!!



Asher at the doc on breathing treatment.




Poor baby!!



Asher holding Rose's hand.



Mikes 1st Fathers Day! <3




Music lady at Ashers daycare! lol (ash is on the lest in the bouncer!)

more breathing treatments :(




stupid doc in nebraska



stepmom & dad...we stayed at their house!



No comments:

Post a Comment